Saturday, March 24, 2007

Decoding the 39 Ingredients in a Twinkie - Newsweek Health - MSNBC.com

Decoding the 39 Ingredients in a Twinkie - Newsweek Health - MSNBC.com:

"March 5, 2007 issue - As Steve Ettlinger dropped down a Wyoming mine shaft, plummeting 1,600 feet in an open-mesh cage, he wondered how many other food writers had ever donned hard hats and emergency breathing equipment in pursuit of a story. But it was too late to turn back. He'd promised his editor a book tracing the ingredients in a Hostess Twinkie to their origins—and one of them was down this shaft. "

I was just shopping for a birthday present for a friend of my daughter when I spied this title on the shelf. I used to read Stephen King for a good scare, but now this is more my kind of horror novel. I am so into this sort of thing. People have no idea what goes into processed foods. No idea...

Including me for that matter. What the heck goes into Twikies from down that mine shaft?? I gotta know!

Tracy

www.OrganicFoodsMom.com

No comments: